Tuesday, December 9, 2008

餅 Mochi Time!


"Mochi (Japanese: 餅 is a Japanese rice cake made of glutinous rice pounded into paste and molded into shape. In Japan it is traditionally made in a ceremony called mochitsuki. While also eaten year-round, mochi is a traditional food for the Japanese New Year and is commonly sold and eaten during that time." - Wikipedia

I have always enjoyed the texture of cakes that are not quite cooked properly,.. things that are kind of rubbery and chewy. I remember once, my mum was making cookies, and I went into the kitchen and stole a ball of dough,... then hid behind the couch eating it. Delicious dough.

Tonight i'm going to a mochi party so I am getting amped up.
餅 わ たべります!

2 comments:

Songy said...

Yum. I used to eat that all the time in Seoul. :)

Songy said...

I had a blast.. Gilles P. was on until 2:30 AM!
Still recovering... grr

Happy New Year, Karen. :)