Monday, December 1, 2008

Baby Mama - lazy chick flick times on a Saturday night.

Looks a little cheesy, right? In a way, you are correct,...this movie is definitely like a big fluffy (yet ultimately enjoyable) marshmallow. On the other hand, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are sharp, sarcastic and bubbling with that kind of smart, self-aware humour that few actors can really pull off. Making it in comedy is hard, and I'd guess it'd be even harder for women.

So although yeh, this is probably a 'chicks flick,' that doesn't make it instantly dismissable. Though some of the jokes are a little obvious and lame, the film never takes itself too seriously. My new method of assessing a film is this: - at the end of the film do I feel cheated of 100 minutes of my life? The answer in this case is, no, not at all.

*****
Why does the office smell like vinegar? Maybe it's me?

2 comments:

Janelle said...

I might download this film. Is it worth it though? I like those two comedians.
Why did she have to fart in tina feys bag?!

Karen said...

Yeh it's worth downloading & watching....

She farted in her handbag cos she was annoyed at something I can't remember. I don't think Amy Poehler's farts would smell that bad anyway.