Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Anyone else want a tea room in Hyde Park?


Today I walked home from Northbridge to Mount Hawthorn. I probably didn't take the most time-efficient route because I avoided walking on any main roads, so overall it took one hour and twenty minutes. I'm not sure if I'll make a regular habit of it. The first 45 minutes was nice, but after that I just wanted to be home already. But, I saved $1.70 by not taking the bus.

My walk took me through Hyde Park, one of my favourite parks in Perth.

Hyde Park

Speaking of Hyde Park, I noticed in the Guardian Express that the Town of Vincent is doing a consultation to see whether the public would support a tea-room in the park. This would be awesome. I could combine two of my favourite things: tea + lakes, into one amazing lake-side tea-sipping experience. It would also be awesome because that would probably mean that there would also be some more public toilets constructed for all the people who have just finished drinking tea. At the moment, if the Hyde Park toilets are even unlocked, they're kind of scary to go into.

As for the proposed Tea-room, you can download the survey here if you also support the idea and want to help make it happen. You just have to submit by the 30th of October.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

I don't know why they didn't make a tea room earlier. Its a good idea too.
Would be nice if they smashed down those seedy toilets and made a new one.

Adam said...

are the hyde park toilets still a beat? i heard that years ago. i guess they have to keep moving the beats to stay one step ahead of the heat (buh-dum-cha!)

i would definitely support tea rooms in hyde park!